Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2011

Pens Atlantic Division Champions?

I could definately see the Pens winning the Division this year.  They are one point off of the Flyers who have been playing poorly as of late.  Both teams have 2 games remaining and Pittsburgh has a fairly easier schedule.  The Flyers hold the tiebreaker though which hopefully won't come back and bite the Pens.  If they do win the division, it would be amazing since they have been without their top 2 players for the majority of the season.  Dan Bylsma for the Jack Adams Award!

Also, Evgeni Malkin has been healing at an extremely accelerated rate.  He has even skated a few times since his injury which is amazing.  Is there any chance that he could play if the Penguins made the Stanley Cup Final?  Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring him out to be just on the powerplay.  Johan Franzen of the Red Wings suffered the same injury as Malkin a few years back right about the same time that Malkin did in the season.  He played limited minutes in the Stanley Cup Final that year.  Get well soon Geno!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the pens have a great chance of winning the division this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe after last night we can win this division. Philly is on a downward spiral and their luck that was there in the first half of the season has officially run out. Also, I do not think Malkin should come back for the Cup finals if we make it. By that time you are messing with fire in the playoffs and I believe that could be a very bad idea. But honestly who knows anymore with how crazy this season has been.

    ReplyDelete