Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger James Neil and defenseman Matt Niskanen in a trade with the Dallas Stars in exchange for defenseman Alex Goligoski. I love this deal for the Pens. They got two young players for a player who has probably reached his plateau with the Penguins. Don't get me wrong, I loved Gogo, I have his jersey. He just would not flourish in the Pens system. The acquisition of Neil has Pens fans salivating. We finally have a winger to play along side Sidney Crosby. He is young and under contract and has scored at least 20 goals in each season. Imagine him with Sidney. Get well soon Sid. Watch out Flyers.
Let's go Pens
I feel like this deal favors the Penguins. Goligoski is having a great year, but normally does not put up these types of stats. However, Neal has been productive since he came into the league, and will continue to be productive playing on the wing of Sidney Crosby.
ReplyDelete